One 4 Letter Word that crushes imaginations, disappoints, and creates chaos in my life. When am I TRULY too "busy" for the people I love? I went through and counted up the things I'd been "too busy" to do in the past week.
- I was "too busy" to check on Netflix for a neighbor who was looking for a recommendation of survival shows to watch.
- I was "too busy" to let my son help me make dinner at least half the nights in the past week.
- I was "too busy" too many times to count because I was on my computer researching or doing something *I* wanted to be doing instead of playing with my children.
- I was "too busy" to properly clean the house and work on the things my husband asked me to do.
- I was "too busy" to cuddle with the toddler.
- I was "too busy" to help my son put up his tent in the yard.
- I was "too busy" to take the kids to the park.
- I was "too busy" to leave for Mass on time so we were late.
Or as the Church calls it in the 7 Deadly Sins, Sloth.
So for all of you out there who are "too busy", I invite you to join me. For the next month - until June 15, I will be banishing "too busy" from my vocabulary. I will either explain why I was not able to do something with what I was doing that prevented the activity OR I will....get this...DO what someone is asking of me.
Join me - we could change the "too busy" world we live in, one mind at a time.