Thursday, May 23, 2013

May 23, 2013 Recipes


I am embarking on a new road in my life and if there's one thing I know there is already plenty of simply awful "diet food" recipes out there.  I promise to be honest with you.  I promise to tell you if something stinks.  If I can make it better, I'll tell you how I did it.  If I can't - well, I'm sorry - but at least I was honest! :)

For the most part, I will be eating whole foods with the exception of low fat dairy products and dressings.  I am looking forward to this journey and I invite you to join me and at least help keep me honest.  At the end of the first 30 days, I will tell you the results...but not before because I'm not checking. ;)

I will also try to remember to take pictures...but not promising. :)

This AM was a revamped version of my usual breakfast sandwich when I make one: 

2 slices of whole wheat toast
2 slices of fat free sharp cheddar
3 small slices of ham (think canadian bacon sized)
2 eggs
1 cremini mushroom
1 scallion
1/2 sec. spritz of Pam

Toast the toast.  Chop mushroom and scallion in a small frying pan with the Pam.  Heat at med.  Place small slices of ham on top of mushroom and scallion (so they get the flavor of salt without adding more sodium to the dish).  Flip ham.  When ham is hot, place on toast.  Add 2 eggs to pan and cook through.  Place cheese on toast and put eggs on top of it when cooked through.  Ham on top of that.  Squish and eat.

Calories: 309
Carbs: 44 (almost all from whole grains)
Fat: 4
Protein: 26
Eaten at 9:30 AM

Snack: 1 d'anjou pear and 11 almonds

Calories: 165
Carbs: 24
Fat: 8
Protein: 4
Eaten at 11:40 AM

Lunch: 1 c. spaghetti noodles with 1/2 c. homemade meat sauce (leftovers) with 1 tbsp parmesan cheese

Calories: 336
Carbs: 50
Fat: 9
Protein: 14
Eaten at 1:30 PM

Snack: Turkey Wrap - Tortilla w. 1/4 c. cucumber, 3 small slices of turkey, and 2 tbsp of pico de gallo

Calories: 196
Carbs: 28
Fat: 4
Protein: 11
Eaten at 3:00 PM

Snack: Shakeology w. water

Calories: 160
Carbs:17
Fat: 2
Protein: 17
Eaten at 5:45 PM

Dinner: Chicken sandwich w. 1 c. broccoli

Calories: 488
Carbs: 54
Fat: 13
Protein: 42
Eaten at 7:15 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment